Seekho Kamao Yojna is a skill development scheme launched by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India, in 2013. The main objective of this scheme is to provide training and employment opportunities to the youth belonging to the minority communities, such as Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis, and Jains. The scheme aims to enhance the traditional skills and crafts of the minorities and make them self-reliant and empowered. 🙌
Features of Seekho Kamao Yojna
Seekho Kamao Yojna has the following features:
- The scheme covers various sectors and trades, such as manufacturing, service, retail, hospitality, health care, beauty and wellness, agriculture, etc.
- The scheme provides training courses that are approved by the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) or the Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) under the National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF).
- The scheme also includes traditional skills and crafts of the minorities, such as embroidery, chikan work, zari work, rattan jewellery, knitting, etc.
- The scheme provides placement assistance to the trainees after the completion of the training.
- The scheme also provides post-placement support to the trainees for six months in the form of mentoring, counselling, and guidance.
- The scheme provides stipend to the trainees during the training period. The stipend amount is ₹1,500 per month for residential trainees and ₹1,000 per month for non-residential trainees.
- The scheme also provides free uniform, toolkit, study material, and insurance cover to the trainees.
- The scheme targets to train 3.5 lakh minority youth in five years (2013-18) with a budget of ₹650 crore.
Eligibility Criteria for Seekho Kamao Yojna
The eligibility criteria for Seekho Kamao Yojna are as follows:
- The applicant must belong to one of the notified minority communities (Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis, and Jains).
- The applicant must be between 14 and 35 years of age.
- The applicant must have passed at least class 8th or equivalent.
- The applicant must have a valid Aadhaar card or any other identity proof.
How to Apply for Seekho Kamao Yojna
The application process for Seekho Kamao Yojna is as follows:
- The interested candidates can visit the official website of Seekho Kamao Yojna 1 and register themselves online by filling up the application form with their personal details, educational qualifications, preferred sector and trade, etc.
- The candidates can also visit the nearest Project Implementing Agency (PIA) or Common Service Centre (CSC) and get their registration done offline by submitting their documents and photographs.
- The candidates will be selected on the basis of their eligibility criteria and merit by the PIA or CSC.
- The selected candidates will be informed about their batch details and training centre location by SMS or email.
- The candidates will have to report to their respective training centres on the specified date and time and undergo a pre-training assessment test.
- The candidates will then undergo a training programme of 3 to 6 months duration depending on the sector and trade chosen by them.
- After completing the training programme, the candidates will have to appear for a post-training assessment test conducted by NCVT or SSCs.
- The successful candidates will be awarded a certificate of completion by NCVT or SSCs.
- The candidates will then be provided with placement assistance by the PIA or CSC in collaboration with various employers and industry partners.
- The candidates will also receive post-placement support for six months by the PIA or CSC.
Benefits of Seekho Kamao Yojna
Seekho Kamao Yojna has several benefits for the minority youth, such as:
- It helps them to acquire market-relevant skills and knowledge that can enhance their employability and income potential.
- It helps them to preserve and promote their traditional skills and crafts that are part of their cultural heritage and identity.
- It helps them to become self-reliant and empowered by providing them with entrepreneurial opportunities and linkages with financial institutions and markets.
- It helps them to contribute to the socio-economic development of their communities and the nation at large.
Seekho Kamao Yojna is a commendable initiative by the Ministry of Minority Affairs to uplift the minority youth through skill development and employment generation. It is a win-win situation for both the trainees and the employers as it creates a skilled workforce that can meet the demands of various sectors and industries. It also fosters social harmony and national integration by bringing together people from different backgrounds and cultures.
If you are a minority youth who wants to learn a new skill or upgrade your existing skill, you should apply for Seekho Kamao Yojna and avail the benefits of this scheme. You can visit the official website of Seekho Kamao Yojna or contact the nearest PIA or CSC for more details and guidance. You can also check the list of courses, trainees, and PIAs available under this scheme on the website.
Seekho Kamao Yojna is a golden opportunity for you to seek and earn. Don’t miss it. 😊